Sunday, September 19, 2010

Teach me Africa

Teach me I want to learn
All things happened before
Wars fought and won
Battles contended and praised

Show me I want to earn
So my offspring can be sure
That history is not dead and gone
Its time has not lapsed

Guide me I want to gain
Knowledge of things ago
Of righteoud men torn
To pieces by man that passed

I want to know of treaties signed
Of decrees declared
Of revolutions unheard
Search with me
Documents hidden
Information classified
Cases opened and closed

Tell me about my forefathers
Their habits and seasons
How the stars guide them
How the moon spoke to them
And when the sun stood still

Did Nqwiliso die a captive?
Or was it his fellowmen
What about uMendi?
Was it a bosched trip?
Or a planned sea burial?

Let me know
Feed my brain
talk to my soul
Saturate my spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment