Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Being me

Its hard to be me
When me is hidden
Behind so many layer of pretense
Pretense being a cover
Protection from taunters
Who have over the years
Taught me its wrong to be me

I am happy when I'm me
Me making sense of me
And the world that sorrounds me
And laws made by men for men

Breaking free
While my soul struggles
Behind cages built
By me and my law makers
Breaking free, breaking free

Rattling the cage
That has imprisoned me
Loosening those bounds
Severing those ropes
Tearing the cobwebs
Yes, breaking free
Breaking free, breaking free

Like Samson of the bible
Testing boundaries that conform
Restrict, rule and dominate
Breaking free

1 comment:

  1. At one stage or another we find ourselves in a tight spot between acceptance and being real. Thanks for the comment...Most appreciated my friend

    ReplyDelete